Singapore - Boon Sin's Time

London - Alma's Time

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Beer. Breakfast. Sunshine

Alma had 3 stubborn requests while we were in Hamburg - Beer, Breakfast & Sunshine.

And she had made an extremely classic remarks which really made me laugh :D

She said, 'Why am I in Germany, a place famous for its beer and sausage, during summer, with a friend who can't handle beer, don't like sunshine, and is a vegetarian?' Hahahahahahaha... she really is a sweetie gem! :D

That very afternoon, Alma suggested we should go out into the sun and have beer. And apparently, many people were doing that. The outdoor spaces were incredibly crowded. However, I had planned to steal a little quiet moment away from the sun, in the Starbucks, replying some emails. So I suggested she went ahead first and I would join her later, not for beer & sunshine, but just to just keep her company and have a little sunny chat in the open.

Yep, that's Alma and her empty glass :P

Alma said this empty glass didn't look convincing besides me :P Erhm... is that supposed to be a compliment? =.=

Alma deliberately saved this picture to remind me of what I had missed. Hahahaha... When I was enjoying my Tomata Mozzarella Focaccia (yes again, for the 3rd time) at Starbucks, she had this + beer in the sun. Cool :)

Alma think it absolutely didn't make sense that we were in Germany and yet not drinking! Well, to some extent, i do agree . But friends who know me knows i can't drink, plus i NEVER drink when I am out of my house. But i had decided to make a little exception, for my sweetie dearie friend... so yes, as i was in the room, I did drink a little... :)

And yes of course, as expected, instead of working into the night, which was what I had intended to do, I fell asleep... very shortly after the drink :(

Alma was incredibly excited about the breakfast this morning. I later realised it was becoz she knew she would be having similar content as she would get from her home country - Croatia. Yeah, look, mine is as English as ever... ;P Even though my plate of stuffs didn't excite her very much, it was perfect for me, coz I LOVE English/American breakfast!!!

Alma's plate - Bread, Cheese, Salami & sausages~

That was similar to her typical breakfast, back in Croatia... She was so happy about this that she rang her granny (in Croatia) at the breakfast table... Awww... how sweet! I can understand :)

Yes yes, I know this is cheese. But for some reasons, during our conversation, I had naturally, for more than once, referred to this as cream. I was said to have humiliated the CHEESE by repeatedly saying it was cream :P Oh yes, according to her, this is the source of calcium for kids in Croatia, as kids in her country don't drink milk.

I told Alma, 'ok, I shall try what you're eating.' Then I went to grab these cheese. But found that it is too rich to eat it on its own. So...

I went to grab another plate of mushroom + bread + my 5th glass of orange juice. Alma said becoz the water in Germany taste good, the bread there is also good... better than those we eat in London. :)

heehee, my version. Alma said omg. Btw the jam tasted really good too... :)

Well, actually i am no longer into chocolates. However, while in Hamburg, I ate 9 of those in 3 days... :-| This simply tasted toooooo good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment