Singapore - Boon Sin's Time

London - Alma's Time

Thursday, August 16, 2012

EPTA Conference @ York, July 2012





Yes I know, it sounds silly... but this is indeed one of my favourite bit of the aircraft... leaving my phone beautifully charged before I touched down... :)

A quiet moment doesn't mean we have to be absolutely alone... Quiet times amidst the talks and crowds somehow makes it more luxurious... :')
My first stop, as usual ~ the supermarket... :)


Arrived. Well, pretty fast~ A quiet journey too, apart from the rush in the underground due to peak hours...
My first visit to York... :)
Beautiful View... 

And good weather too... 



Yong Liang showed me this beautiful park... we sat here briefly, seeing the quiet and the greens... the Ferris Wheel, according to him, was built JUST for this year, to commemorate 800 years of history...
Very much love the contrast between the building and the sky... 



Had a full set of breakfast around lunch hour with Yong Liang. Cool, my favourite type of breakfast!!! :) And over the breakfast table, we talked about the washing machines. The drain. The spin. The half cycle. The full cycle. The normal cycle... and the absolute courage needed to power off the switch halfway through the process, so as to jump out of the normal cycle...




Peaceful, quiet, relax and jump-from-topic-to-topic coffee time with Susan & Yong Liang~ 



Peaceful, quiet, relax and jump-from-topic-to-topic coffee time with Susan & Yong Liang~ 

EPTA (European Piano Teachers Association) Piano Teacher Conference... I had missed it for many years... but for some reasons, I feel I have to come, need to come, and shouldn't miss it this year... so I came :') As much as I'm happy that I listened and followed my tiny little inner voice; I am also extremely thankful to all the people who's willing to have their routines slightly altered because of me... Thank you :')

一个幸福的女人的背后是因有很多人的成全。:')
Wonderful Beate :)


Conference Breakfast this morning... They are ALL piano teachers, or were piano teachers... What often moves me is - when we are think we're fated to music, we aren't neccessarily fated to the piano. And if we move along that line, being fated to the piano becomes something a level deeper... :')



不是每个的人都喜琴。

也不是每个的人都适合琴。

不是每个与音分的人都与琴有分。

若按个路线去想与自己的器的分便更深入一也更不容易一分。


凡物凡事就是需要至少那么一, 分。:')


My invited Workshop lecturer for my coming Masterclass & Workshop, in December, held at Royal College of Music, London, Day 1, 11 December 2012.

Both Lucinda herself and her Lectures are equally charming, and full of charisma. :)

Attended her one-week Aberystwyth Classes a few years back and it had impacted me in a big way...

My invited Masterclass Tutor for my coming Masterclass & Workshop, in December, held at Royal College of Music, London, Day 3, 13 December 2012. Nadia is wonderfully kind and passionate in all her roles, from piano teacher, Adjudicator, to Associated Board Examiner... :)

A quick snap shot after the breakfast... :)
Sweet Norma :)

Self-made... omg~ :D

Self-made by Maggie


Marcello is soooooooo adorable :)


We were all intensed fans of Marcello Crudeli, the Chair of EPTA Italy (in blue)... During the dinner... we were flooding her with questions... I even asked her about her age... yes yes I know it's a taboo, but I was curious... see, i'd always been a cautious and sensitive person, so the fact that I'd decided to ask such an insensitive question just shows how amazing she is... and to my delight, she answered gladly, readily and proudly... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment