Singapore - Boon Sin's Time

London - Alma's Time

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dinosaur Stickers

As a reward, a 5-year old pupil of mine requested for ‘dinosaur stickers’.

Apparently, dinosaur stickers aren’t as common as I thought they would be.
I spent two weeks searching for it, but to no avail.
Yesterday, I happened to chance upon a small bookshop so I went in to try my luck.
The lady shopowner told me that she doesn’t sell dinosaur-stickers, but she did have lizard stickers instead.

Shopowner: Are these lizard stickers ok?
Me: No lah, I don’t think so, my pupil requested for dinosaur, not lizard
Shopowner: But you see, these lizard stickers are so pretty…
Me: Yah, I agree… but still, no lah, dinosaur and lizard has a very different social image ya.
Shopowner: It’s ok, you can always tell them this is the ‘long time ago’ dinosaurs!

Hahahaha… what a cheeky marketing strategy, what an imaginative shopowner ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment