Singapore - Boon Sin's Time

London - Alma's Time

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Aberystwyth

Yes you were right. Aberystwyth really IS a long way from London, especially with NO direct train ride. You’d probably had no idea how I struggled my way there with a more-than-I-can-manage luggage, and how weepy I had felt throughout the journey. No I wasn’t actually feeling sad, I just felt ridiculously overwhelmed, for some reasons.

A few other episodes happened along the way. First, a crying spell suddenly hit me at the railway station, while I was sipping my cup of latte away. Next, both my local mobile phone and singapore mobile phone wasn't working well. Then I literally have to drag my over-weight luggage as the luggage roller ceased to function properly.

As a result, I felt stranded. As soon as I got into the train, I chose a window seat at the 2nd row, dropped my huge luggage onto my neighbouring seat, and tears started to well up my eyes. It was only the next instant, that I burst into big cries. I must have felt safe and wrapped, since I was surrounded by seats and my huge luggage.

However, I soon was glad I made it here. As soon as the first hour had gone past for the first day, I was pleasantly delighted, with that wonderful reassuring thought that - I was absolutely RIGHT to have decided to come!

I wasn't entirely prepared, but was pleasantly surprised to be in an environment whereby the entire group of us, being so open, so willing to unwrap, so willing to put down our guard and our professional armour and be utterly honest about our individual inner fear and expectation! I must say I was tremendously moved indeed.
We could have gone through the lectures and discussions, at some point, in a typically British formal-polite system, but it was extremely comforting to know that wasn't the case.

Of course, a huge part of the credit had to go to this charmingly amazing lecturer who had skilfully gone to the under level to address the roots of our individual music-stress-related issues... I was touched, was literally touched, and am still feeling touched... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment